Brenda Lyne is an affiliate member of the Mystery Writers of America, and she puts that passion to the page in her debut novel “Charlie’s Mirror.” Brenda sat down with us to discuss her writing process and discuss her favorite “Charlie’s Mirror,” character.
1. Do you believe in writer’s block?
I haven’t experienced it, but I suppose it’s possible.
2. What’s been the most difficult part about writing this book?
Finishing it. It only took twenty years.
3. Do you hope to visit these characters again someday?
People ask me all the time if Charlie is the first in a series. Short answer is I don’t know…maybe? I think either Sara or Charlie could be serialized, but probably not both together again.
4. Who has been your favorite character to write? Why?
Lauren was a ton of fun to write, with her fashion sense, carefree personality, and huge heart. I honestly think she saved Sara’s life.
5. Where does your writing career go from here?
Hopefully nowhere but up! I would love to make a living doing this. That’s my ultimate goal.
“Charlie’s Mirror,” is available in hardback, paperback, e-reader, and audiobook now!